Monday, January 24, 2011

Rejoicing in "Yes"-DD 1/24/2011

"Return and say to Hezekiah the leader of My people, 'Thus says the Lord, the God of your father David, " I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the Lord. "I will add fifteen years to your life, and I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake and for My servant David's sake." 2 Kings 20:5-6

King Hezekiah had contracted a mortal illness. God sent his prophet Isaiah to warn him that his life was shortly to come to a conclusion. As any of us would upon hearing such news, Hezekiah immediately went into prayer and besought the Lord.

There are many things that move us to prayer. Though it is a means for us to communicate with our Maker, most often we are requesting favor for ourselves or others. Depending on where we are in our faith, we seek Him anywhere from the beginning of our troubles, having learned to trust Him, to a time that is at he very end of our own efforts, having no other options. In either case, we are fervently looking for an answer, prayerfully a positive one.

Beloved, God hears our appeals and is sensitive to them. In this case, His answer was both immediate and positive. Though His will is the final arbiter of such things, it is especially gratifying to experience the times when what we desire is in fact consistent with His will. God is to be thanked for every answered prayer, but we rejoice all the more when His answer to us is "Yes."

Loving Like Jesus,

Lee

No comments: