Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Words to the Beloved Update III 11/20/2013

Beloved,

I won't bore you with all of the ins, outs, backs and "forths" of getting a book published.  Suffice it to say that it reminds me a lot of what Michelle and I went through bringing children into the world (and yes of course she went through more than I did).  Suffice it to say that the baby has finally been born!



I received the author's copies yesterday and am now rejoicing that I can finally hold in my hands what God placed on my mind and heart more than three years ago.  You will find, faithful reader, that you are part of the story.  Here is an excerpt from the book's introduction:
I must tell you, faithful reader that this started out as a God and Lee thing. It was an opportunity to avail myself of His knowledge and to open myself up to really being taught by Him.  By forcing myself into the Word and into prayer on a DAILY basis, my hope, trust, and prayer was to become closer to Him and to better perform His will. Though, like Paul, “I count not myself to have apprehended…”Philippians 4:13a (KJV), there has been growth through His admonition, teaching and nurture.  Since I have not yet apprehended completely, again, like Paul, “I [continue to] press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus,” Philippians 4:14 (KJV).
As I journeyed, it occurred to me that others might benefit from this very personal walk.  I then decided to make it available to all who desired it. Rather than just sending it to people, I informed the congregation I serve that the Daily Devotional was available on the blog that had been established for it.  Those who were interested were added to the distribution list and began receiving it via email every Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
After a while I began to receive quite a bit of feedback that let me know that I was not alone on this journey in pursuit of discovery, revelation and spiritual maturity.  It turned out that there were and are many on the narrow path striving simply to know God better and to be more like His darling son Jesus. It seems that as He deals with me, He likewise, speaks into the heart of those who came along side. Furthermore, many of the “beloved” began distributing the Daily Devotional to family, friends, and acquaintances. Some of those to whom it had been distributed asked to be added directly to the distribution so that they could receive it right away.  Still others began publishing excerpts into their weekly church bulletins. It truly seemed that God’s word was not returning to him void (Isaiah 55:11).

As you can see, this has truly been a journey.  I thank you for your companionship, your prayers, your interest and your support.  It has been a lot of work, but everything worth doing or having is.  I thank God for His surpassing goodness and I thank him for you.

To obtain your copy, please visit www.wordstothebeloved.com (official release on 12/7/13).  It is also available on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.  If you obtain it from either of the latter, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Committed,

Lee

No comments: