Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Patient Living 3/5/2013

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,"  Titus 2:11-13

There was once a specific incident that occurred while preparing to go to worship when I was a kid.  Mom made sure my sister and I were bathed, fed, dressed and combed.  The instruction was as it always was: "Now sit there and wait for your father and I to get dressed, and whatever you do, don't get dirty."  Back in those days, people wore their Sunday best and they made sure that their children grew up knowing that it was important to be your best and present your best before the Lord.

On this occasion, I was a bit restless.  I had a new toy truck I wanted to play with and besides, it always took mom and dad forever to get ready.  I grabbed the truck and headed for the door.  My sister said, "Boy you heard what Mom said!  You better not go out there 'cause you're gonna get dirty and then you're gonna get it." "Shut up," I replied and went my way.  You can just about guess what happened.  I went out there as carefully as I could but came back in with dirt on the knees of my suit pants. Suffice it to say that Mom was not happy, punishment ensued and I was not at my best for the Lord.

Beloved, God has given us all we need to have the desire and motivation to lead righteous lives.  We have been equipped with knowledge, instruction and wisdom.  We have been given a choice as to whether to obey or not.  And we have been given promises and assurances backed up by every day provision and answered prayers that if we would just wait on the Lord, the rewards would be everlasting.  Let us not be like those who become restless and impatient.  Let us not be disobedient and rebellious toward our heavenly Father.  He will do what He said He would.  We must be loving enough to obey and faithful enough to look forward with great anticipation to His deliverance.

Committed,

Lee




No comments: