Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Belonging 2/6/13 (rp)

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." Gal 2:20

The decision to follow Christ should be an all encompassing one. It is true that we are but fleshly creatures still subject to the lust of the eye, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life, however, that decision should lead us further and further away from those issues and closer and closer to full surrender. Recently, a Christian I was talking to about his walk said, "Like David, God knows my heart." My response was, "Like David, God knows your actions too." One is indicative of the other.

Beloved, Jesus said, "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow me" Lk 9:23. We were bought with a price. We no longer belong to ourselves but to him who sacrificed all for us. We are to make our bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God. If this sounds a bit much, consider the alternative. Think about why you made the decision in the first place. Examine the many benefits of being a child of the King. Paul recognized his life was no longer his own (if it ever was). He willingly surrendered himself to do the will of He who gave him life.

As we go about our daily lives, let us consider the fact that Jesus gave his life for us. We certainly can give our lives to him.

Committed,

Lee

No comments: