Trusting others comes hard for some. Trusting the unseen God can be even harder. Perhaps this is so because people have let us down in the past. We feel that the only one we can truly rely upon is our self.
Beloved, the Holy Spirit inspired admonition to have faith in God comes in the midst of a listing of individuals who did just that, often at their own peril or that of loved ones.
- Abel offered a more excellent sacrifice to God than his murderous brother Abel
- Enoch lived such a faithful life that God took Him straight to heaven without having died
- Noah built an ark and saved his family when it had never before rained
- Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son
- Rahab went against her whole village to hide those of God's people spying out the land
Rejoicing in the Lord,