Thursday, April 5, 2012

Think and Thank-4/5/2012

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, For You alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety." Ps 4:8

A couple of weeks ago I spoke on faith and used air travel as an example. The gist of it was that our belief is shown in our actions. As counterintuitive as it is to believe that something the size of an airplane can take off safely, fly safely and land safely, it can and we believe it, so we purchase tickets and go to airports.

Beloved, my faith is not in man or machines today, but God. I believe it was He who made sure that we landed safely after a 3000 mile flight, mostly across nothing but water. There was virtually no anxiety in that I slept most of the way, fully relying upon Him to take care of me. Even if it was not in his will to cause this to be so, my faith in Him gives me confidence that He will deliver me to a much better destination; one with an eternal address.

This same God does so much more than deliver every day miracles regarding air travel. He is involved in every breath, every bodily movement, every bite of food and every distance traveled whether across the room or across the globe. Today I have reason to both think and thank. How about you?

Rejoicing in the Lord,

Lee

No comments: