Friday, February 10, 2012

When it Feels Like Satan is Targeting You-2/10/2012

"Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you." 1 Peter 5:6-10

Beloved, there are times in all of our lives that it seems Satan is hard upon us. No one needs to tell us what that is like. I offer (with permission as you will see) the testimony of a brother who is struggling. In it, I hope that you will see not on the struggle that afflicts all who are attempting to lead lives pleasing to God, but the firmness of the fight he is wageing to stay close to the Father. Your prayers are requested for him. Your prayers are requested for us all.

"Lee it is like satan knows I am saved but thinks he has a fighting chance at getting me to turn my back at the LORD but he doesn't because GOD is the only father I have ever known.

I have a conscience given to me by my father. When I'm off track he sends my brothers in Christ to help me and sometimes he even blesses me with new brothers. But Satan tries and tries like he did Wednesday night to prevent us from coming to you and sometimes he even wins the little battles with me and then I have to repent.

But Lee as messed up as my past is and as troubled as I am at times I love my GOD and FATHER and he is precious to me. I ask him in prayer often to help me be the man he made me to be and to help me to lead a life that brings him honor and praise.

As for counselling, I will go but I have to wait until I can afford it. I know thirty dollars doesn't seem like much but some times it may as well be a million. Still I expect that Satan won't want me there either because he does not want me to live a life that brings honor and glory to my heavenly Father. So please take no offense in us not making it wednesday But pray the Father will put a hedge around us at least till a certain amount of healing takes place.

Much Love,
XX

P.S. If sharing this e-mail with another person will benefit them go ahead.

Rejoicing in the Lord (no matter what),

Lee

No comments: