Monday, February 6, 2012

Walking Worthy-2/6/2012

"Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." Eph 4:3

When I was growing up, my mother always impressed upon me to "act like you have home training" or to "act like you have people who love you." What Mom was really saying was, "Do not embarass me. You know better!" This reminder usually came when I acted like I did not or when we together observed someone behaving as if they did not. There were a wide variety of actions that could draw this reproof, but overtime, I learned what was acceptable and what was not which resulted in having to hear it less and less.

Beloved, the same admonition is given to us as children of the Almighty. There should be an observable difference between those who are Gods' and those who are not. Jesus discussed one way that this difference can be seen when he said, "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another” John 13:35. Our behavior, both when the spotlight shines and when no one at all is looking, should be representative of the fact that we belong to someone who loves us and has taught us to know better and do better. We must always remember that it is our learned values and beliefs that make us family. When we reflect these values and beliefs in our actions there is surely peace between us and our Father.

Rejoicing in the Lord,

Lee

No comments: