Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thank You Lord

Beloved,

Today is the one year anniversary of the beginning of an amazing journey. On April 29, 2010, during a conversation with my Father, it was decided that I would get to know Him and His word better. You might think with me serving in the capacity of a minister that I know plenty. Well, one can never know enough and no one knows everything there is to know about His will and way.

On April 30, 2010, I wrote the first of many DDs (Daily Devotionals). A goal was set to study, pray and produce this devotional every Monday through Friday of each week (except holidays). I must tell you, faithful reader, that this started out as a God and Lee thing. It was an opportunity to avail myself of His knowledge and His opportunity to really teach me. By forcing myself into the word and into prayer on a DAILY basis, my hope, trust and prayer was to become closer to Him and to better perform His will. I am and I have.

Later, it occurred to me that others might benefit from this very personal journey. I then decided to make it available to all who desired it. I was careful not to just start sending it to people, but instead, informed them that it was available and then add to the distribution those who were interested. Over the past year I have received quite a bit of feedback that lets me know we are on a journey together. It seems that as He deals with me, He is dealing with you also. In fact, many of you distribute the DD to your family, friends and acquaintances. Others have asked me to add them directly so that they can receive it right away. Surely it is to our collective benefit to be in touch with God in this way with this frequency.

I thank God for his amazing faithfulness and this wonderful journey. I thank Him for the things he has revealed to me over the past year. I think Him for all who read these thoughts sprung forth from His word. I thank Him for keeping me strong and disciplined, even when I didn't feel like doing it (we've never missed a single day). And most of all, I thank Him for his love and long suffering nature. He is patient with me and I love Him for that. Thank you all for sharing this journey with me.

Remember that you can always go to the blog and access past devotionals. Of late, I have begun to categorize them by key word and scripture. Remember also that if any of your acquaintances would like to receive them, just have them drop an email and I will add them to the list. So what do you say? Another year? Let's do it!

Loving Like Jesus,

Lee

No comments: