Friday, March 11, 2011

Take God at His Word-DD 3/11/11

"If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chron 7:13-14

We can all agree that the world is in a sad state of affairs. It should be known, however, that this is not the first time that this statement could be made. In fact, it is not even the first time in our lifetimes. Throughout history, there have been times when it seems that the whole world is going to hell. Sodom and Gomorrah come to mind.

Of course there is nothing wrong with the planet itself. The problem is with the people who occupy it. From the Garden of Eden, we have behaved outside of God's will and instructions. Despite his warnings and the consequences that man has always faced for his rebellion, the defiance persists.

Despite this beloved, there is a solution. It is the same solution that has always been apparent and available. We must serve God in all that we do. This is certainly directed at the individual, but individuals make up families, groups and nations. We need to serve God as a whole. He has promised to provide healing, prosperity and peace. Unfortunately, we so often fail to take Him at his word, we end up enduring unnecessary hardship and pain. Let us take our God at His word.

Loving Like Jesus,

Lee

No comments: