Thursday, August 12, 2010

Going Home-DD 7/12/2010

"...that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in bonds..." Eph 6:19


The work of an ambassador necessarily involves taking up temporary residence in a country other than his or her own for the purpose of representing the home country to the foreign one. The ambassador is responsible for sharing the domestic message among other things. When the tour of duty has been completed, it is the ambassadors great pleasure and privilege to return home, resting on a job well done.


As Christians, we have been given citizenship in heaven. The scriptures record that we are to be in this world but not of the world, John 17:16. In fact, Eph 2:6 records that we have been raised up and made to sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Beloved, this makes us ambassadors. As ambassadors we have work to do until we are called home by the master.


I have returned home from my first mission trip and have brought with me memories that will last a life time. It was wonderful to arrive home and greet my wife and children. I also look forward to reuniting with my church family. Though there is still much to do, we celebrate the work that has been done, the glorification of the Almighty, the safe travel and the safe return. One day we will all leave the mission field of earth and celebrate our heavenly home going. Let us be sure that we have done the work for which we were sent.



In Revival,


Lee

No comments: