Monday, July 19, 2010

Guaranteed Return-DD 7/19/2010

Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are You going?" Jesus answered, " Where I go, you cannot follow Me now; but you will follow later." John 13:36

It is only Christ that has truthfully said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." It was true when he said it, true today and true until he returns for his church. In truth, it was necessary for him to leave us physically. Born in the flesh, he came to this world for a specified time and purpose. His everlasting work of redeeming us was accomplished on the cross. Subsequent to this, he returned to the heavenly home from whence he came.

Before he left, however, he said, "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. "And you know the way where I am going." John 14:2-4

Spiritually, he remains with us. He is at the right hand of our Father and advocates for us against Satan's accusations. He has sent he Comforter, that He may abide with us forever and remind of all things taught by the Lord. And he has left us the promise that he will return for us that we my be with him always.

Beloved, take heart in the knowledge that the one who died that you may live, himself lives and awaits the appointed time to unite with us. Let us look forward to that day.

In Revival,

Lee

No comments: