Friday, April 9, 2010

Your Personal Miracle-DD 4/9/2010

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee..." Jer 1:5

To my young daughter, the new mother:

My precious one, the parting of the Red Sea, a fish large enough to swallow Jonah, manna falling from heaven and Jesus walking on the waves and calling the dead forth from the grave are miracles to be sure. I know you struggle with such things. But the perfection which God has caused to be through the birth of your son is even more miraculous than His other feats.

Look at his perfect little hands. Look at his beautiful little eyes. Count every little hair on his little head and know that God put them there. Know that He knew the little one before you did and has entrusted him to your care. When you look at him, see God.

Though other miracles can be so far away, so difficult to grasp, so tough to believe, so challenging to your faith, He has given you your own personal miracle that you can see, hold and love. I know this because years ago, He gave me one too. He gave me you.

[Memory verse of the week: Phi 2:5-11]

In Revival,

Lee

No comments: